The Board of AIICO Insurance Plc has announced that it will be hosting its 51st Annual General Meeting on the 30th of November, 2021. The meeting will be virtually held at Lagos Marriot Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos by 12:00 pm prompt.
This is according to a statement issued by the company and made available on the website of the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX).
Some of the issues to be discussed at the AGM include;
- Of special interest to the board is the allocation of bonus shares of 20,917,299,938 ordinary shares of 50k each to qualified members whose names appear in the Register of members at the close of business on the 23rd of November, 2021.The bonus shares worth about N10.46 billion will be distributed in the proportion of 12 shares for every 9 shares already held by such member on that date.
- In addition, the audited financial statement of the firm for the year ended December 31, 2020, as well as the report of its Directors, auditor, and the audit committee will be considered.
- Board appointments will also be considered and ratified.
- Managers and Directors remuneration for FY 2021 will be considered.
- To elect shareholders’ representatives of the statutory audit committee, among others.
In view of the directives on physical distancing and the restriction on maximum number of people at every gathering due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting will hold by proxy in accordance with section 254 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 and as approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Additionally, the AGM will be streamed live online, to enable shareholders and other relevant stakeholders who will not be attending the meeting physically to also be part of the proceedings. The link for the live streaming will be made available on the company’s website: www.aiicoplc.com.
For more information about the AGM, click HERE.