The Board of Nestle Nigeria Plc has announced that it will be hosting its 52nd Annual General Meeting today, 22nd of June, 2021.
This is according to a notification signed by the company’s secretary, Bode Ayeku, and seen by Nairametrics.
According to the notice, investors, shareholders and other relevant stakeholders who might not be able to attend the meeting due to restriction on mass gathering imposed by the government as a result of COVID-19, can opt to watch the live proceedings and participate using the link attached in the disclosure HERE.
As a rule of thumb, it is expected that several issues will be discussed in the AGM among which are;
- The audited financial statement for the year ended December 31, 2020, and the report of its Directors, auditor, and the audit committee.
- The firm’s proposed dividend will be considered and approved.
- Board appointments will also be considered and ratified.
- Remuneration of managers and Directors in FY 2021 will be considered.
- Shareholders’ representatives of the statutory audit committee will be elected.
What you should know:
- Nestle Nigeria Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N39.2 billion in FY 2020, as its earnings per share for the period printed at N49.47. Sequel to this, a dividend of N35.5 was proposed by the board.