Guaranty Trust Bank Plc held its FY 2020 results presentation to investors and analysts. Below are the facts to the figures;
- The bank recorded a customer base of over 21.9 million as at the end of FY 2020.
- A total of 24,115 active POS terminals, 1,366 ATMs, 575 million unique transactions, and 5.43 million active cards were recorded during the period under review.
- Operating expenses totalled N131 billion (+12.6% YoY). The increase was largely driven by surge in regulatory charges, administrative charges and depreciation expenses, among others.
- A breakdown of its gross loans by industry showed that Upstream Oil and Gas, Manufacturing and Midstream oil and gas emerged in the top three with an allocation of 29%, 19% and 14% respectively. On the other hand, Education, Agriculture and Downstream Oil and Gas appeared in the bottom three with an allocation of 1% to the aforementioned sectors.
- The bank maintained a strong liquidity position with a ratio of 38.9% as at FY 2020. A figure well above the regulatory minimum of 30%.
- Cost to Income ratio of 36.11% Vs 38.2% YoY.
- In terms of diversity, out of its 6,637 employees, 54.6% are male while 45.4% are female.
For more information about the investors’ presentation, click HERE.