The Board of Directors of BUA Cement Plc has amended the timeline for the payment of its FY 2020 final dividend, from an initial proposed date of 23rd of July to 8th of July, 2021.
This is according to a recent notice sent to the Nigerian Exchange Group Plc (NGX) and captioned: ‘’Revised Corporation Actions Announcement,’’ as seen by Nairametrics. Key findings from the recent notice revealed that;
- The proposed amount of N2.067 per share remained the same in both notifications.
- The qualification date was however postponed from 9th June as contained in an earlier notification by the firm, to 18th of June, 2021.
- The Company’s Annual General Meeting was rescheduled to 8th of July as against an initial date of 22nd of July, 2021.
- The register of shareholders will now be closed between 21st of June-25th of June 2021, compared to an initial schedule of 12th of July-16th of July, 2021.
Sequel to this, a total sum of about N70 billion has been earmarked as final dividend to be paid to the shareholders of the company who currently hold the 33,864,354,060 fully paid ordinary shares of the company.
What you should know:
- BUA Cement Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N72.3 billion in FY 2020.
- The manufacturing giant had earlier issued a notice to shareholders dated 25th of March 2021, where it proposed a FY 2020 final dividend of N2.067 per share. In the notice, the firm stated that the proposed sum if ratified will be disbursed to qualified shareholders’, whose names appear in the Register of Members as at close of business on 9th of July, 2021.
For more information about the recent disclosure, click HERE.