The Board of Beta Glass Plc has approved the payment of a sum of N519.97 million as dividend to be paid to shareholders for the period ended 31st of December 2020.
The decision is part of the resolutions reached at the recently concluded 47th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the company, held on the 1st of July, 2021 at Eko Hotels and Suites, Lagos.
Affirming this, a notice signed by the company’s secretary, Bola Adebisi read: ‘’IT WAS RESOLVED that a gross dividend of N1.04k per ordinary share of 50k be and is hereby declared out of the profits for the year ended December 31,2020 to all shareholders registered in the Company’s Books as at the close of business on June 10,2021.’’
Sequel to the approval, Beta Glass Plc will pay out a dividend of N1.04 for each of the outstanding 499,972,000 ordinary shares of the company, held by its shareholders, translating to a gross dividend value of N519, 970,880.
Other decisions reached at the firm’s AGM are;
- The re-election of Mr. Haralambos David and Ms. Olufunmilola Adefope as Directors of the company were approved.
- Five persons were elected into the Audit as Shareholders’ and Directors’ representatives.
- The sum of N1, 125,000 was fixed as annual fees payable to each director for the year.
What you should know:
- Beta Glass Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N3.47 billion in FY 2020, indicating a decline of about 37.9% when compared with the figure declared in similar period last year.
- Sequel to the approval of a gross dividend payment worth N519.97 million, the company in its FY 2020 report, stated that the sum of N2.95 billion will be transferred to its general reserve.