Nestlé S.A, a leading multinational food and beverage company, has invested an additional N175.2 million in shares of its Nigerian Subsidiary (Nestlé Nigeria Plc).
This disclosure was made by Nestlé Nigeria Plc, in a notification issued and signed by the Company’s Secretary, Bode Ayeku.
According to the notice, Nestlé S.A acquired additional 125,513 units of Nestle Nigeria Plc shares at a price of N1, 396 per share. This puts the total consideration for the shares purchased by the parent company at N175, 216,148.
Additionally, it is worthy to note that the recent transaction which took place on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange Limited, were effected in three tranches in the following dates; 4th, 5th and 6th of August, 2021.
Breakdown of the deal
- In the first tranche which took place on the 4th of August 2021, the parent company purchased additional 43,104 units of its Nigerian subsidiary shares at N1,390.4524 per share, totaling N59,934,060.25
- Subsequently, the firm purchased an additional 52,704 units of the latter’s share at N1,399.2157 per unit, worth N73,744,264.25
- In the last tranche which took place on 6th of August 2021, the firm purchased a further 29,705 units of shares at N1, 398.7459, totaling N41, 549,746.96
- In light of this, a total of 125,513 units of Nestle Nigeria’s share were purchased at an average price of N1,396, totaling N175.2 million.
This recent transaction will further raise the stakes and cement the position of Nestlé S.A as the majority shareholder in its Nigerian subsidiary (Nestlé Nigeria Plc).
What you should know
- Nestlé S.A is a leading Swiss multinational food and drink processing company and the parent company of Nestlé Nigeria Plc. According to Wikipedia, it is the largest food company in the world, measured by revenue and other metrics, since 2014
- Nestle Nigeria Plc closed trading for the week ended 6th of August, 2021 with a share price of N1,540 per share.