The Board of Guinea Insurance Plc has announced that it will be hosting its 63rd Annual General Meeting on the 23rd of September, 2021. The meeting will be held at the company’s head office in Jibowu Lagos, by 11:00 am prompt,
This is according to a statement issued by the company and signed by its secretary, Chinenye Nwankwo. Some of the issues to be discussed at the AGM include;
- The audited financial statement for the year ended December 31, 2020, and the report of its Directors, auditor, and the audit committee.
- Board appointments will also be considered and ratified.
- To fix remuneration of managers and Directors in FY 2021.
- To elect shareholders’ representatives of the statutory audit committee, among others.
In view of the directives on physical distancing and the restriction on maximum number of people at every gathering due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting will hold by proxy in accordance with section 254 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 and as approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Additionally, the AGM will be streamed live online, to enable shareholders and other relevant stakeholders who will not be attending the meeting physically to also be part of the proceedings. The link for the live streaming will be made available on the company’s website: www.guineainsurance.com/agm
What you should know:
- Guinea Insurance Plc had earlier reported a loss after tax of N90.59 million in HY 2021.
- As at the period of reporting this, the firm is currently trading at 20 kobo on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX).
For more information about the AGM, click HERE.