Guinness Nigeria Plc has announced that it will be hosting its 71st Annual General Meeting on the 19th of October, 2021. The meeting will be held at Raddison Blu Hotel located on Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, VI-Lagos, by 11:00 am prompt,
This is according to a statement issued by the company and signed by its secretary, Rotimi Odusola, made available on the website of the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX)
According to the notice, some of the issues to be discussed include;
- The audited financial statement for the year ended June 30, 2021, and the report of its Directors, auditor, and the audit committee.
- To declare a dividend
- Board appointments will also be considered and ratified.
- To fix remuneration of managers and Directors in FY 2021.
- To elect shareholders’ representatives of the statutory audit committee, among others.
In view of the directives on physical distancing and the restriction on maximum number of people at every gathering due to the COVID-19 pandemic, attendance at the AGM shall only be by proxy in accordance with section 254 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020 and as approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
What you should know:
- Guinness Nigeria Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N1.26 billion in FY 2020. The bottom line grew by about 110% YoY.
- As at the period of reporting this, Guinness Nigeria Plc is currently trading at N30.5 on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX).
For more information about the AGM, click HERE.