Airtel Africa Plc released its third-quarter results for the period ending December 2020
- Revenues of $1 billion (+17.2%)
- Voice revenue of $565 million (+11.8%)
- Data revenue $294 million (+20.8%)
- Mobile money of $110 million (+34%)
- Customer base up 11.0% to 118.9 million, with increased penetration across mobile data (customer base up 23.5%)
and mobile money services (customer base up 29.0%). 2.5 million customers were added in Q3’21.
- Ebitda of $485 (+21.7%)
- Profit after tax $116 million (+13.1%)
- 9 months profits was however down 21% to N261 million.
- Q3 EPS of 2 cents (+17.8%)
- On Covid-19, the company says no impact – “Finally, while the Covid-19 pandemic has had little impact on our most recent quarter, we remain vigilant about the recent news flow around new strains of the virus and further actions by governments to minimise contagion in our countries of operation.”
See link to results.