Access Bank Nigeria Plc held its FY 2020 results presentation to investors and analysts. Below are the facts to the figures;
- The bank recorded a surge in its customers’ base, surpassing over 40 million customers in 2020- a number that puts the bank above 47 African countries (82%) in terms of population.
- The Bank’s Return on Equity (ROE), CAR and Tier 1 ratios stood at 15.6%, 20.6% and 15.46% respectively.
- Of its global 6,897 professional staff in 2020, 53% are male while 47% are female.
- It raised a total of N15 billion in green finance sequel to its launch of the first Green bond in SSA. It also spent a total of N10.25 billion in community initiatives.
- Cost to Income ratio declined to 63.4% in FY 2020 (-2.7% YoY)
- The Bank explained that its strong and diversified revenue growth in 2020 has been driven by expansive retail banking growth, optimizing value chain for wholesale banking customers and well-executed trading strategy among others.
For more information about the investors’ presentation, click HERE.