The Board of Jaiz Bank Plc has approved a disbursement of the total sum of N883.9 million as final dividend to its shareholders for the period ended 31st December, 2020.
The approval is part of the resolutions reached at the recently concluded 9th Annual General Meeting held by the company on the 23rd of June, 2021.
Affirming this, a part of the resolution stated: ‘’That a final dividend of N0.03kobo per share be and is hereby sanctioned and the directors be and are hereby authorized to pay the same on Wednesday, June 23 2021 to shareholders whose names appeared in the Company’s Register of Members by close of business on Friday June 11, 2021 subject to the deduction of the appropriate Withholding Tax at the time of payment, as recommended by the Board.’’
It is pertinent to note that the approved dividend rate of 3 kobo per share will be paid on all the issued 29,464,249,300 ordinary shares of the company.
Other decisions reached at the AGM include;
- Three eminent personalities were elected into the Board as Directors, namely: Dr. Abdulateef Bello, Mrs Aisha Waziri Umar and Dr. Sirajo Salisu.
- Four retired Board members were re-elected as Directors, having presented themselves for re-election.
- Managers remuneration for the 2021 financial year were fixed at N263,119,000
- Five persons were re-elected as members of the Audit Committee for the 2021 financial year.
- Directors fees were pegged at N16 million per annum for the Board Chairman and N14 million per annum for every other Non-Executive Director.
What you should know:
- JAIZ Bank Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N2.9 billion in FY 2020, indicating an increase of 19% YoY.