The Board of Lasaco Assurance Plc, one of Nigeria’s leading insurance companies, has proposed a final dividend of N183.4 million to shareholders of the company for the period ended 31st December 2020.
The company’s Board made this announcement in a notification published on the website of the Nigerian Exchange Group Limited (NGX), stating that a dividend of 10 kobo per share will be paid on all the issued 1,833,585,855.00 ordinary shares of the company.
According to the notice, the dividends will be disbursed electronically to qualified shareholders on 30th of August, 2021.
Conditions to qualify for the dividend
- Only shareholders whose names appear in the Register of Members at the close of business on the 5th of August 2021 will be considered.
- Shareholders must have completed the e-dividend registration and must have mandated the Registrar (Apel Capital & Trust Limited) to pay their dividends directly into their bank accounts.
- For the purpose of the dividend payment, the Register of Shareholders will be closed from 6th to 13th of August, 2021, to enable the registrar to process shareholders’ dividends.
In a bid to expedite the dividend disbursement, the company also disclosed that it will be holding its 41st Annual General Meeting at Lagos on Thursday 26th of August, 2021 by 11:00am
What you should know
- Lasaco Assurance Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N679.4 million in its audited FY 2020 results, indicating a surge of about 115% YoY. The firm grew its Net Premium by about 19%, from N5.9 billion as at FY 2019 to N7.01 billion.
- As at the period of reporting this, Lasaco Assurance share price trades at N1.6 on the floor of the Nigerian Exchange Group Limited (NGX)