The Board of Lafarge Africa Plc has notified the investing public and other relevant stakeholders of its imminent 62nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled to hold on 25th of May, 2021 at Civic Centre, Mbadiwe Road, Victoria Island, Lagos by 10:00am.
According to a disclosure signed by the company’s secretary, Adewunmi Alode and seen by Nairametrics, the Register of members and Transfer Books of the company will be closed from 4th to 7th of May, 2021 (both dates inclusive) to enable the Registrar update its records. Sequel to this, the following issues will be discussed at the AGM;
- The audited financial statements of the company for the period ended 31st December 2020.
- The dividend of N1 per share recommended by the Board will also be deliberated upon and if approved, will be paid to qualified shareholders on the 25th of May, 2021 (Ceteris Paribus)
- Auditors and Directors remuneration for the year 2021 will be discussed and fixed.
- To approve a general mandate authorizing the company to procure goods and services for its operational activities during the year, from related parties or interested persons on normal commercial terms.
- To elect members of the audit committee.
- To consider and ratify board appointments.
What you should know:
- In line with CAC guidelines, the AGM will be conducted through the use of proxies.
- Recall that Lafarge Plc had earlier declared a profit after tax of N30.8 billion in FY 2020.
- To stream the AGM live, visit: https://youtu.be/nuGqMjIn2Y0
For more information about the AGM, click HERE.