The Board of Directors of Lafarge Africa Plc has approved the payment of N16.11 billion to the shareholders of the company who currently hold the 16,107,795,496 fully paid ordinary shares of the company.
This disclosure is part of the resolutions passed at the 62nd Annual General Meeting of the company, held on the 25th of May, 2021.
According to the notice: ‘’ A dividend of One Naira (N1.00) per ordinary share amounting to N16, 107,795,721.00 only was declared payable from the pioneer reserve and not subject to deduction of withholding tax in respect of the year ended 31st December, 2020; on Tuesday, 25th May 2021, to all shareholders registered in the books of the Company at the close of business on Friday, 30th April, 2021.’’
Other resolutions reached at the Annual General Meeting include;
- The appointment of Mrs Oyinkan Adewale and Mrs Virginie Darbo into the company’s Board were reviewed and approved.
- Three Directors retiring by rotation were re-elected. The Directors are; Adebode Adefioye, Mrs. Elenda Giwa-Amu, Mrs. Adenike Ogunlesi.
- The remuneration of the Non-Executive Directors for the year ending 31st Decemeber 2021, was fixed at N112,626,792.87
What you should know:
- Lafarge Africa Plc had earlier reported a profit after tax of N30.8 billion in FY 2020.
- The dividend will be disbursed to qualified shareholders’, whose names appear in the Register of Members as at close of business on 30th of April, 2021.
For more information about the disclosure, click HERE.